Saturday, September 09, 2006

Terrorist priest confesses to Madonna concert bomb threat

What the world needs now is love, sweet love... and a whole lot less religion.

Religion remains the number one cause of war, bigotry and hatred.

On Friday, a 63-year-old priest confessed to phoning in a fake bomb threat to a Madonna concert in Amsterdam last week.

"He was hoping to stop her from performing her famous 'crucifixion' act," prosecution spokesman Robert Meulenbroek said, referring to a scene in the pop star's latest show.

The scene, a re-enactment of the crucifixion of Christ, offended some Christians during earlier concerts in Italy and Germany.

The priest was arrested almost immediately after making the threat Sunday, since he used his home phone to make it, and he called an emergency services number where the call was automatically traced.

The priest was brought before a judge Friday and has been released pending judgment, Meulenbroek said. "We take bomb threats seriously, but in this case it was clear very quickly that it was not real," he said.

Though the priest was quickly identified by police, his identity has apparently not been released. I read six different stories about this incident; not one gave the terrorist priest's name.

| | | | | |

1 comment:

  1. Christian terrorism at it's best!!!

    Darren

    ReplyDelete