Today, Sept. 1, one of my closest friends should be celebrating his 55th birthday.
But he can't. He's dead. Ron Bonds died on April 8, 2001, after eating bacteria-laden burritos at a Mexican restaurant in Atlanta.
The restaurant is still in business, and was never closed, not even for a day, by the Fulton County, Georgia health department. The Fulton County medical examiner determined he died of internal bleeding caused by toxic bacteria in contaminated ground beef. He ruled the death accidental and listed the scene of the accident as 939 Ponce de Leon Ave.: El Azteca.
I hope Ron's "up there somewhere" having a party, sipping his red wine with Aleister Crowley and Robert Anton Wilson. Happy Birthday, Ron.
Ron Bonds | Food Poisoning | Aleister Crowley | Robert Anton Wilson | El Azteca | Burning Taper | BurningTaper.com