Past Grand Master of West Virginia M.W. Bro. Frank Haas, who was expelled late last year by the current Grand Master, was among the recipients.
Our brothers at Halcyon Lodge in Cleveland, Ohio were honored with a group award for "putting the 'free' back into Freemasonry."
The Knights of Freemasonry Universal's news release follows:
INTERNATIONAL AWARDS ANNOUNCEDMasons | Masonic Awards | Knights of Freemasonry Universal | Freemasonry | Halcyon Lodge | Burning Taper | BurningTaper.com
Alexandria, VA. February 9, 2008: Today the Knights of Freemasonry Universal announced the following recognition awards for outstanding Masons of 2007.
In keeping with the organization's mission to promote, educate, and research Universality in Freemasonry, those here recognized have taken courageous steps to promote brotherhood and understanding within the Masonic Fraternity. Each will hold the Title of Knight Zuri, the word Zuri being Swahili for good and beautiful.
The new honorees are:
Our group award goes to:
- Brother Jeff Ballou, of Washington D.C. (USA), for his tireless efforts in bringing the Afro-American and Caucasian Grand Lodges together in D.C.
- Brother Jack Buta of Arizona (USA), for his research into the Politics of Masonic Foreign Relations. [Link]
- Brother Frank Haas, PGM, West Virginia (USA), for his efforts in bringing enlightenment to the craft.
- Brother Carlos Quintanilla Yerena, PGM, of Mexico City (Mexico), for his efforts to reunite Mexican Masonry.
As Always: to the Unknown Builder, whose diligence + devotion is masked by the soundless tools of the craft. We are eternally grateful.
- Halcyon Lodge of Ohio (USA), for putting the "free" back into Freemasonry. [Link]
And last, but far from least, the great families and friends, without whose support, these Masons could not stand.
The Knights Of Freemasonry Universal is an independent Order not affiliated with any Masonic Grand Lodge, body or jurisdiction, and the opinions expressed here are solely those of the organization's Directors.