W. Bro. Joshua M. Armstrong, the current Master of Excelsior Lodge No. 175 F & AM, in Excelsior, Wisconsin, is. He has created an excellent web page for his lodge that refutes five common oppositions to Freemasonry leveled by evangelical groups. Specifically, he is responding to statements made by Missouri and Wisconsin Lutheran Evangelical Synods.
Read W. Bro. Armstrong's responses to these charges:
- Freemasonry is a religion.
- Freemasonry holds the belief that all faiths are equally valid pathways to salvation (or that Freemasonry is "unionistic").
- Freemasonry requires that men of different faiths pray together.
- Masonry promotes good works and personal betterment as a means of salvation.
- Masons swear blood oaths.
- Masons swear to protect other Masons from punishment for their crimes.
Masons | Masonic Attacks | Fundamentalist Christianity | Freemasonry | BurningTaper.com | Evangelical Christianity | Excelsior Lodge | Burning Taper