I stand with him and other bloggers this weekend in putting Christian fundamentalists on notice: We're not gonna take it!
Keep your hypocritical, overzealous, ultra-conservative, paranoid religious hands off the U.S. Constitution, the judiciary, federal, state and local governments, our schools, our kids, our bedrooms, our lodge rooms, and every other aspect of our lives you would like to control. Your twisted theological views do not represent the views of the majority of Christians or Americans, and your actions certainly aren't what Jesus would do.
The United States of America is not a theocracy. It will never be one.
Keep your church separated — stand way back! — from our state.
- Jesus is not a Republican. Or a Democrat. Or even an American.
- The Bible ain't science. Don't try forcing teachers to teach creationism in public schools. Take your own kids to that silly dinosaur park Kent Hovind created to teach that dinosaurs roamed the earth a couple of thousand years ago, but leave my kids out of it.
- Decisions about health and the use of medicines, alcohol and plants, abortion, and how to end your own life are personal decisions, not decisions to be made by your groups.
- All people are God's children... "red and yellow, black and white," as the Sunday School song goes. "Love one another," as Jesus said. "All you need is love," sang the Beatles. Stop being racists, sexists and homophobic. You're not any more special than the rest of us.
- God didn't tell George W. Bush to invade Iraq, and He damn sure doesn't support the war.
- God doesn't "hate fags," no matter how many signs you wave at soldiers' funerals.
- All families should be respected, no matter what form they take. It's none of your business who someone marries, or what someone does behind closed doors.
- Art is art. If you don't like it, don't watch it, read it, or look at it. Quit trying to keep the rest of us from watching it, reading it or going to museums to see it. (I thought the Chocolate Jesus was a minor masterpiece.)
I have one suggestion for the fundamentalist Christians who want to rule America using eye-for-an-eye, hateful, vindictive, archaic Old Testament rules and practices and Paulian propaganda: Rip every page out of your Bible and burn them, except for one verse.
1 John 4:8 — Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
Related websites: Blog Against Theocracy, First Freedom First, Journeys with Jood, Center for Inquiry, American Humanist Association, and many more.
Theocracy | Church and State | Religious Intolerance | Freemasonry | Fundamentalist | Christian | Fundamentalist |Burning Taper | BurningTaper.com